Although cannabis is still illegal in many countries across the globe, financial experts predict the cannabis industry is bound to double or even triple within the next decade.
Following are just some of the reasons why the cannabis industry is the next big thing:
As more studies reveal the natural and holistic health benefits of cannabis and CBD, an increasing number of countries are legalizing its use. Just some of the medicinal benefits of cannabis include:
- Decreases anxiety. Depending on the strain, cannabis reduces stress and anxiety, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). It should be noted, however, that cannabis can increase anxiety in some patients. In those cases, CBD may be recommended.
- Relieves arthritis. Rheumatology research shows that patients using the sativa strain in particular experience a significant reduction in pain.
- Reduces chronic pain. Research also shows definitive evidence that cannabis or cannabinoids (which are found in the marijuana plant) are an effective treatment for chronic pain.
- Controls epileptic seizures. Studies reveal that THC controls seizures by binding the brain cells responsible for controlling excitability and regulating relaxation.
- Slows and stops cancer cells from spreading. The American Association for Cancer Research has found that marijuana actually works to slow down tumor growth in the brain, breasts, and lungs.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s. THC slows the formation of amyloid plaques by blocking the enzyme in the brain that makes them. These plaques kill the brain cells, and potentially lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Treats glaucoma. Marijuana is commonly used to treat glaucoma, which increases the pressure in the eyeball, injuring the optic nerve and causing loss of vision. According to the U.S. National Eye Institute, marijuana lowers the pressure inside the eye.
- It helps prevent cancer from spreading. Studies show that THC and CBD can slow or shrink tumors.
- Reduces side effects caused by chemo. One of the most common uses of medical marijuana is for people going through chemotherapy. Cancer patients going through chemo suffer from severe pains, painful nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite. Cannabis is shown to help reduce these side effects by reducing pain, decreasing nausea, and increasing the appetite.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Aids with sleeplessness and insomnia.
The list of natural and holistic benefits of cannabis goes on and on. For these reasons alone, the cannabis industry sees a very bright future ahead.
Needless to say, cannabis is also very popular for its recreational use and psychoactive properties. As more studies reveal how safe cannabis truly is, especially in relation to alcohol, more people across the world are turning to cannabis as their choice.
The economic benefits to cities and countries where cannabis has already been legalized have been immense. In addition to the tax revenues generated through cannabis sales that help boost education, infrastructure, health spending and more, the industry has also created hundreds of thousands of new jobs across the globe.
Future Of the Cannabis Industry
With the legalization of cannabis already growing exponentially each year, it’s safe to say that the cannabis industry will soon be one of the most lucrative and thriving industrial sectors in the world.
Perhaps the biggest difference we’ll see in the future is the increase in large companies and brands taking over the industry. Many see this is a negative in that it will hurt the entrepreneurial spirit that has embodied the industry since its inception. But one thing’s for sure: the cannabis industry is indeed the next big thing!
Stay tuned to this website for more updates, information and education on all things cannabis!
Leave A Comment